Business Security Locksmith Services Toronto
The company name PROTECTION PLUS® is about continually striving to offer our clients more and innovative protection services. Professional locksmith services are an essential element in our efforts to provide our clients with a comprehensive security solution. The locks on your doors are on the front line of defense for your valuables and property. While an alarm system will notify of a break-in, attention to your locks may prevent a burglary or forced entry. Consequently PROTECTION PLUS is providing Locksmith Services throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We specialize in any size of Business Security jobs. Small Business, Business Security, Industrial, and the Rental Market, we can help you secure them all.
Finding a reliable locksmith service is not as easy as you might think. It’s mostly an unregulated industry in Ontario. It’s vital to choose a reputable provider of Lock Services. You will be providing this person with your address, allowing them entry into your business, and trusting them to change and or service your locks, and keys, with integrity.
To be sure you are dealing with professionals instead of con artists you can follow general tips:
- Don’t rely simply on Google and what looks like a legitimate website. Plenty of disreputable people can create impressive websites or landing pages that give the perception they are local companies when, in fact, they are working out of their vehicle with no actual business address.
- Look for a business with a physical address; those working out of a vehicle will be very difficult to track down should a problem arise. You will have no recourse if you can’t find the Locksmith.
- A business that specializes in Security Services, above and beyond Locksmith services will understand the risks and will have done background checks on its’ technicians. Reputable companies cannot jeopardize business with shady technicians.
- Unmarked vehicles can also be suspicious; why does the technician want to hide his identity and profession?
- Avoid a Locksmith that demands “cash only” payments. The request for cash should be a red flag to you as a consumer. Legitimate companies offer multiple secure payment options and prefer NOT to accept cash as they don’t want technicians to be vulnerable to theft while carrying cash in their vehicles.
- Locksmiths that avoid telling you their business name, instead refer to themselves by first name or a generic “Locksmith services” are likely not professional locksmiths. They are either part-time operators trying to make extra cash or con artists. It’s best to avoid this scenario.
- To find legitimate companies, you can look online for referral and rating agencies like HomeStars, or the Better Business Bureau. These agencies have a vetting process for companies, and you can go back to them should you have a bad experience. Avoid Buy and Sell sites like Craiglist that have no controls over who posts ads.
- Strongly consider using a full-service Security Company. A company that offers multiple security products and services won’t risk losing your other business or damage their hard-earned reputation by providing you poor or overly expensive locksmith services. They can also help you decide the best way to secure your premises. Locks are essential but not the only line of defence.
- Ask for a price first. Do not allow the technician to start working until after you have been provided with a full description of the work and the price. A legitimate locksmith wouldn’t have it any other way.
- There is no licence requirement in Ontario, but you can look for affiliations with legitimate agencies and accreditation from The Association of Ontario Locksmiths