Home Alarm Systems & Business Security Systems Aurora
Home Security Systems & Commercial Alarm Systems Aurora
PROTECTION PLUS® has a team of highly trained security professionals who are excited to provide the people of Aurora, Ontario with sound advice and solutions for their residential and commercial security needs.
A creative and sustainable community where residents care and businesses thrive, Aurora is an affluent town in Southern Ontario. It is located in Central York Region and the Golden Horseshoe and is about a 30-minute drive north of downtown Toronto.
History of Aurora
The extension of Yonge Street to Holland Landing 1793 led to the establishment of settlements and a community that is today known as Aurora.
The passing of the railway through Aurora in 1853 made the region a key hub, especially with its proximity to Toronto. In 1863, Aurora only had 700 residents, but in the next 25 years, the population grew to 2,107 residents.
Notable people in the growth of the town include Lieutenant-Governor John Graves Simcoe, who commissioned the extension of Yonge Street; Richard Machell, who was the first merchant at the crossroads of Wellington and Yonge; and Charles Doan, another pioneer businessman who later became the first postmaster and reeve.
Aurora has continued to thrive based on its strong industrial and commercial roots. The town is recognized for preserving its historical structures and was awarded the 2008 Prince of Wales Prize for Municipal Heritage Leadership. In 2009, Aurora was recognized for Community Leadership in heritage and promotion, receiving the Lieutenant Governor’s Ontario Heritage Award.
Living in Aurora
Aurora has an estimated population of over 56,000 people, about 13 percent of whom are immigrants. The town mostly attracts families and businesses looking to settle in a community offering a combination of small town hospitality with urban amenities, which are evident in its modern-day facilities and heritage surroundings.
The community has consistently ranked among the top 25 places to live in Canada (out of 219 cities) according to MoneySense Magazine. This is due to a combination of factors, including safe neighbourhoods, superior healthcare facilities, cultural and sporting amenities, picturesque trails and parks, world-class education facilities, and economic opportunities. The town offers both public and private options for daycare, nursery, elementary and secondary education facilities.
The people of Aurora are both well-educated and highly trained, with about 75 percent of residents having attained some level of post-secondary education, and about 46 percent having some form of university education.
Business in Aurora
The town of Aurora has over 1,300 businesses, including 150+ major industries and regional headquarters, with the main ones being manufacturing, health/medical, and business services.
This is expected of a town that is located in the heart of the nation’s ‘economic engine,’ the GTA. In addition to being located in the Greater Toronto Area, Aurora is also centred in one of Ontario’s fastest-growing regions, York. In addition, the town has easy access to major economic points, including the Greater Golden Show and the US.
Businesses in Aurora have a rich supply of fresh, young, and trained talent from the world-famous St. Andrew’s College located in Aurora, as well as from leading institutions in the region, including York University, University of Toronto, Ryerson University, and Seneca College, all of which are within a short (40km) driving distance of Aurora.
Get a Free Quote
Other security solutions available at our affiliate, Protection Plus:
- Alarm-i Video Alarm Monitoring (Home & Business)
- Security Bars (Home & Business)
- Smart Monitoring (Home & Business)
- Alarm Monitoring (Home & Business)
- Locksmith Services (Home & Business)
- Video Surveillance / Security Cameras /CCTV (Home & Business)
- Intercoms (Business)
- Security Window Film (Home & Business)
- Alarm Systems (Home & Business)
- Safes (Home & Business)
- Access Control (Business)
- Door Strikes (Home & Business)
- Automatic Door Opener / Automatic Door Closer / Handicap Door Opener (Business)
for Aurora, ON
ULC neo system repairs
Alarm system quote
To come visit us in person, follow these driving directions:
- Head southeast toward John West Way
- Turn right onto John West Way
- Turn left onto Wellington St E/York Regional Rd 15
- Use the right lane to merge onto ON-404 S via the ramp to Toronto
- Use the right lane to take exit 26 for Ontario 407
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for ON-407 W/Express Toll Route and merge onto Express Toll Route/ON-407
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 73 for Dufferin Street/Regional Road 53
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Dufferin St/York Regional Rd 53 (signs for Dufferin Street S/Regional Road 53)
- Turn right onto Lodestar Rd
- Your destination is 1540 Lodestar Rd