Access Control Systems
Openpath Touchless, Cloud-Based Access Control
Hands-Free & Touchless
Wave to Unlock with phone in your pocket
Or Mobile Unlock
Use your phone to unlock
Manage your access from anywhere
Real-Time Reporting – 24/7 access activity logs
Guest Pass – One-time access with easy SMS or email link
Triple Unlock Patented Technology
Convenient Keyless Access with Video
Our mission is to provide convenient building access control systems to secure any environment. As a certified Openpath partner, we design install and help manage smart, customizable access control solutions.
- PROTECTION PLUS utilizes cutting-edge software and modern hardware for their custom, integrated security solutions, and is a leading Toronto access control system installer. PROTECTION PLUS is a top provider for Toronto and the GTA, including Mississauga, Hamilton, and the Durnham and York regions.
When installing your access control system, Toronto professionals recommend keyless door entry with built-in video capabilities for protecting and managing access to an area at any given time. In addition to regulating access to your building,
your access control system installer can help you restrict entry to interior areas as well. Openpath’s cloud-based access control system is favored for the intuitive software for easy management, simple hardware installation, and readers with built-in cameras to combine smart mobile entry with video security in a single device at the door. PROTECTION PLUS will design commercial building access control systems that address needs for your file rooms, server rooms, inventory storage areas, and other areas that require high-level physical security.
Get a Free Quote
Applications of a Card Access Control System
Here are some of the most common applications for access control across industries:
- Commercial offices – With the evolution of more flexible working conditions, businesses need to provide next-generation security featuring fast and reliable access control. A key card access control system is a reliable way to give employees more flexible access. Introducing touchless and mobile-based options for wireless door access control systems is also popular, as it minimizes management for on-site teams.
- Retail – The right access control system can have a big impact on your bottom line. Given high turnover rates in the retail industry, smart access control allows employers to add, remove and schedule access for staff as needed without extra labour. For managing multiple retail locations, a cloud-based access control system gives administrators remote access to all their security data and controls for greater flexibility.
- Multi-tenant housing – With rising rent in metropolitan areas and a greater desire for better security, landlords are turning to smarter access control for their communities. Cloud-based and mobile access control systems let property managers easily accommodate visitors, deliveries, and maintenance, without having to staff a reception or lobby desk with 24/7 security. State-of-the-art integrated systems are also equipped to connect with tenant apps for a better renter experience, too.
- Education – Whether you’re in a Primary school, Secondary school, or a university setting, protecting students and teachers is a top priority. As security incidents become more prevalent on campuses, school administrators need to ensure that students feel safe in their learning environments. A key card access control system is a great way to allow authorized access to the campus for faculty and staff. PROTECTION PLUS can set you up with wireless door access control systems equipped with remote lockdown for better emergency response and improved school safety, too.
- Religious institutions – Religious institutions have recently become more vulnerable to vandalism, burglary and violence. At the same time, they wish to project a welcoming atmosphere and openness to all of their congregants and staff. A state-of-the-art key card access control system can solve this problem by blending into its physical surroundings, supporting multiple access methods to foster accessibility, and creating a system of record that logs access activity for easy auditability. Remote access is a key feature of cloud-based access control systems for houses of worship, and enables remote system lockdown for improved safety and emergency response.
- Healthcare – Access control systems in the healthcare industry require an innovative approach with easy ingress and egress for main entries, but limiting access to narcotics, substancies, laboratory equipment, and medical records. Additionally, any hospital access control system must be able to easily accommodate changing shifts and employee schedules, as well as facilitate quick and easy access throughout the building. Wireless door access control systems are a great option for hospital security, as they provide detailed audits of entry activity. Paired with cloud-based access control system software, hospitals can easily adjust permissions and door schedules remotely for greater flexibility.
- Government – Due to strict regulations around access and data protection, securing governmental facilities requires meeting several specialized security standards. Key card access control systems that are managed on-premise can provide government buildings with better physical security, limiting who has authorization to enter the building. Installing wireless door access control is key for high-security areas, as it prevents unauthorized individuals from gaining entry, and provides a clear report for better auditability.
- Hospitality – As companies like AirBnB change the hospitality industry, hotels are under increased pressure to make their facilities amenable to guests while maintaining a high level of security. A mobile, cloud-based access control solution can help mitigate the challenges. Hotel guests can unlock their room doors with their phone, activating the wireless door access control system via a convenient app. This eliminates the older key card access control system models, and makes it easier for guests to check in and access their rooms at any time. Wireless door lock systems are also popular for keeping hotel amenities safer, such as controlling access to fitness centers, pools, office centers, and conference spaces.
- High-risk; ULC, banking, and jewellery applications – High-risk businesses are vulnerable to a host of threats including robbery, fraud and terrorism. However, brick-and-mortar properties are often limited on the on-site personnel they can employ for security. Installing a cloud-based access control system like Openpath gives them the capability to easily manage the security at each facility without requiring the physical presence of an on-site administrator. Features like automated alerts help keep managers informed, and empowers proactive security management with remote access to reporting, permissions, and door locks.
- Warehousing and shelf storage – Today’s warehouses are becoming smarter and more automated than ever before. For facilities still using traditional locks or keypads to get into the room, a lost key can create a significant expense and key codes are easily compromised. Through a smart cloud-based access control system, warehouses and storage facilities can ensure their inventory is safe at all times. The platform allows warehouse managers to issue credentials, change door schedules, and even remotely unlock the door, without having to be on site.
- Manufacturing – There are a lot of moving parts for manufacturing facilities, so security is a top priority. A key card access control system can help provide a better picture of who is accessing certain spaces with improved auditability. From unlocking the door for a last-minute delivery, to expediting insurance claims, to ensuring loss prevention, a cloud-based access control system is a smarter way to keep manufacturing facilities safe and secure.
See how the cloud-based Openpath access control system can work for your business, with the fastest, most reliable mobile unlocking experience, and a complete range of hardware and software designed to scale with ease.
RE/MAX Realtron Realty Testimonial
Top access control systems features
Access Control Systems
Having access control in your facilities is a significant part of protecting your business. In addition to regulating access to your building, you may also need to restrict entry to some inside areas with higher security needs such as file rooms, server rooms, inventory storage areas, etc. You could give employees different keys to different rooms and then need to change locks with employee turnover, but this is cumbersome, costly, and not very effective.
You can eliminate these hassles by merely having PROTECTION PLUS® install an electronic access control system, such as Openpath.
Openpath’s mission is to improve convenience and security in the access control environment. Openpath creates smart, customizable entry control solutions. By combining sleek hardware with cloud-based enterprise software, Openpath enables mobile, hands-free entry and makes system management easier than ever.
The scalable, open platform seamlessly integrates with best-of-breed partners across a wide range of categories used to most efficiently run your business, including; Tailgating, Video Management & Surveillance, Lockdown, Active Directory Platforms, Visitor Management, Building Automation and so many more.
PROTECTION PLUS® is proud to be one of the first Canadian authorized dealers. Our trained and certified technicians and sales representatives will facilitate your access control systems’ implementation from the first step to last.
PROTECTION PLUS stands behind the Openpath lifetime equipment warranty*.
* some conditions apply.
ASK US FOR A NO OBLIGATION DEMONSTRATION AND QUOTATION of the STATE-OF-THE-ART Openpath access control system