Thanks to massive technological advancements, Security Cameras for Business owners have never been more affordable or of better quality. PROTECTION PLUS® now offers multiple options for video surveillance for your Greater Toronto Area Business.
Why do you need Security Cameras?
- Burglary and Vandalism are the number one reason most Businesses install CCTV systems. Security cameras often deter criminals from attempting burglaries. If there is an incident, such as illegal dumping, graffiti or a break-and-enter, a well-placed security camera can provide the necessary evidence for Police to arrest and charge the perpetrators.
- Disputes between neighbours over unauthorized parking, trespassing or dumpster issues are another common reason for Security Video Surveillance Cameras. Whether or not a recent incident has spurred your desire to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary, security cameras can help alleviate any concerns and show you what is happening around your Business. A properly installed outdoor security camera can record all activity and give insight into what is happening when you’re not on site.
- Outdoor security risks. Whether you have expensive equipment in your parking lot or inventory to track, a security camera system can provide additional protection, deter theft and provide you with alerts and peace of mind.
- Client and employee monitoring. The safety of employees is of paramount importance, especially in Business working shifts in secluded areas. Video surveillance in parking lots, underground garages etc., can help keep your staff safe. Inventory shrinkage is another problem for many businesses. Well-placed security cameras in inventory rooms, warehouses and retail stores can prevent theft and also provide evidence for police prosecution of thieves. There are a variety of practical applications, including real-time video look-in to check on your Business.
- You can now add video verification to your access control system in high-security areas. This technology will provide a video clip each time an access card is used on a specific door. If you have had a problem with employees sharing access cards or losing access cards, now you can verify the identity of card access users by video. Security cameras in the workplace compel people to improve their behaviour and work habits.
How do you pick the right Security Camera system for your Business?
- There are many factors to consider; the first step should be determining precisely what the purpose of the system will be. Is it specifically to monitor an entry door? The parking lot? The dumpster at the back of the building? Remember that the more areas you want to watch, the more complex and expensive the system will become. Be realistic about your priorities and budget.
- The adage “you get what you pay for” applies to camera systems. Be careful about products offered online at low prices. Be aware that video surveillance kits from Big Box stores are generally lower quality, older technology and are strictly “Do it Yourself”. If you are not tech savvy or your handyman skills are rusty, trying to wire your Business and property for cameras and then program the NVR or DVR will be frustrating at best and an enormous waste of resources. Few Professional Security companies in Toronto will work with equipment you purchased from a big box retailer.
- Will you need indoor or outdoor cameras? Or a combination of both? ALL security cameras need to be wired. No 100% wireless cameras are available; at minimum, cameras need to be wired for power, usually for images. Be realistic about where the cameras will be located. Unless you have an unlimited budget for trenching and cabling, cameras must be located on or in the building where wiring can be achieved securely with reasonable effort. Cameras needed for outdoor application in Canada must be specifically designed to operate in all weather conditions and temperatures. A cheaper indoor camera may work okay in August, but in December, there will be no images, and the camera may be permanently damaged by moisture and freezing.
- Is the purpose of the cameras to record images so they can be retrieved later if needed? Or is the system about remote access and real-time look-in service? If you are considering a plan for an unmanned warehouse or garage, you need to know that you will have to provide high-speed internet service 24/7 to have remote access and video look-in service. Include that cost in your budget.
- Do you want images stored on-site on your hardware? Or do you want storage online? Online storage is possible, convenient and possibly more secure. But the budget for a monthly subscription fee and space limitations.
- If unsure of your future needs, keep your options open when purchasing a Security Camera /CCTV Video Surveillance system. Purchase an NVR or DVR with excess data storage and the capacity to add more cameras later.
PROTECTION PLUS NDAA Statement
NDAA Compliant Security Cameras
The worldwide business scene is unpredictable, mainly as organizations grow increasingly connected. One prevalent issue our industry faces is the danger – real and perceived – of cybersecurity and its potentially wide-going ramifications for security and surveillance
Cybersecurity is vital to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), effective August 13, 2019, explicitly section 889. This section outlines the prohibited utilization of specific video surveillance, telecommunications services, equipment and components manufactured by particular organizations. For our clients, these regulations can influence supply chains, GSA contracts and even currently deployed technologies, especially if the customer is a government-related or administrative agency.
PROTECTION PLUS is committed to complying with all government and international trade regulations. PROTECTION PLUS offers NDAA compliance across all of our product offerings, with many presently utilized in government, defence and the scope of commercial applications.
PROTECTION PLUS’ top priority is being a good partner to its clients – making it as easy as possible to work with us.
Get a Free Quote
For a robust Video Security Camera Surveillance system, your PROTECTION PLUS Consultant can provide you with various options, including; Alarm.com, Inaxsys LEGEND, Avigilon, AXIS, and Wisenet Professional grade cameras, software, and NVR or DVRs, amongst many other popular professional brands. We will configure a Security Camera system that will suit small, medium and large applications and be suitable for indoor and outdoor service with high-definition cameras available, engineered to work in weatherproof applications, in daylight and nighttime conditions.